after playing around a little bit with maemo inside scratchbox, i managed to break the packetsystem beyond repair... so i wanted to start again, but the
maemo-sdk-install_4.0.sh told me:
E: You must close your other scratchbox sessions first
so... where to go from here?
are the magic words. lets start again.
As i blogged before i'm going to be the happy (?) owner of a Nokia N810. On this device runs a Linux with a special distribution and there is also a Development SDK, which can be run on ia32-machines.
This SDK relies on Scratchbox, so i just downloaded and tried to install it. This works smoothly, they provide a shellscript, which downloads all needed components and feeds them to dpkg.
But, when i try to start Scratchbox i get
Yes, I just received the following mail:
Congratulations! You have been accepted to the N810 maemo device
program. We will send your discount and instructions as soon as the
device is available in your selected shop (soon).
maemo team - http://maemo.org
So christmas is saved.
Explaination for non German Readers: Today the german parliament passed an act, which orders all communication-connection data (caller-ids, times, email-communication, other internet-transactions) have to be stored for 6 months.
More info on vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
it sometimes funny, i'm working with mutt since about 10 years, (the 5 years before i was using elm) and just found out how i can view pure text/html-Mails without fiddeling with piping and things.
in .muttrc does the trick.
but now mutt also prefers the text/html-part of multipart/alternative-mails, this is going to far for me. i want the text/plain-part if available. mutt has also a solution here:
alternative_order text/plain text/html
I have no idea how the other major MTAs handle this, but sendmail seems to issue an ident-auth-request on each connect it gets.
As i think this is rather useless, as most hosts don't answer it, and, even if they would, the answer is easily fakeable, i switched it off.
to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc disables this. Sadly this isn't documented, for confTO_IDENT it only states
From time to time we have the problem that a mail posted to a list triggers an autoresponse (vacation, bounce, tdma) from an unexpected source. Sometimes it isn't possible to identify the subscriber who is causing this. One example for this was "petsupermarket".
So i wrote a small tool, which takes Mailadresses as input and resolves the domains until it reaches IP-level, so it is possible to identify "related" addresses to such an incident.
I now ran this tool for all 38656 domainparts mailadresses that are currently subscribed to some list at our listservers: