ok... i tried to write before, but my Netscape shit itself and i don't wanted to start over again... ok, now i try lynx and here we go:
i'm happy that i found a new home yesterday. Now the stress starts... moving... buying furniture, install infrastructure ...
after a long time thinking about it, i've now applied to become a Debian Maintainer... stay tuned.
hmmm... long time not here. ok. what's on:
Calamaris is now stable on V2.40. I've asked on the announcement-Mailinglist if i should move development to Sourceforge, but no response :-/
The Master of Monitors found a bug, fixed it and it worked... for a few hours... then something else broke... not heared about it... going to bug him next week again.
so i decided to call the last beta-version 'stable', and promptly someone finds a bug... ok, easy to fix... and yet another release... i think (again) that the next step for Calamaris is adding graphics...
It looks like the current beta-Version is stable, so i'm going to promote it in the next days.
I've started a new project over at Sourceforge: Cocalores is the Configurable caching logfile resolver, a small tool which runs fine for me, and should parse every kind of logfile with fixed fields as in Common Log oder Squid Native Log.
Build another beta of Calamaris and fixed parsing of Extended LogFileFormat for use with the Novell Internet Caching Service and its relatives.
So, that Solaris could hold its position for ca. 2 more hours and than i installed Debian GNU/Linux. While transporting that monster to my car the monitor fell off my waggon... now it's broken :-( Pissed for that weekend. Now it's getting slowly better... *sigh*
I can't believe it... they fixed it within 26 hours. As far as i can see, the cable was broken somewhere where they build a cycleway or something...
I got it... i'm going to call it kurn as my other computers are named worf, alexander,
mogh and jadzia... it has 64MB RAM and a 1Gig harddisk and now there is Solaris 2.7 on it... let's see how long it takes that i wipe that out ;-)
finally: another beta-release of Calamaris. changes:
- bug fix on logfile-guessing.
- rudimentary support for Netscape Extended-Logfiles.
I only had 7 lines of Logfile of that, so if someone have such a beast somewhere, it would be nice if he can provide me with a few hundred lines, so i can check and improve...
Found the time to look over the sources and found that in the current unstable is a bug... and that in the next unstable this bug is fixed and introduced another... no fun... hope i can fix this this weekend and release another unstable... Those people i asked for support, after they reported me a bug or something, don't move... still no Netscape Proxy Extended-2 Logfile-snippet there. The hacker who added graphics seemed to be not ready in beautifying the code... it's a long way to V3... *sigh*
First Post! *duck*
I'm just building the mailinglists on the new server of my LUG. The server is a 10 years old alpha with Debian on it... my chosen Mailinglistsoftware is Mailman.